Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BBRRRRR...

It is on mornings like these that I question why I live in Canada as I awaken to -23C temperatures before the wind chill effect. Even Oreo didn't venture to the front door to send us off this morning. Smart cat. I don't know how she got to be so smart. I'd like to think it is because she gets it from me - not in terms of genetics but that she has learned from me.

Now that being said, I don't consider myself to be a "smart" man, but I do love to read and learn from others. Hence I am going to promote the Burlington Family Christian Bookstore. Upon the demise of Mitchell's there are but a few Christian books stores left standing in the real (not cyber) world, and even though Burlington is a bit far from Waterloo, it is worth the drive there - especially for their bargain basement and used book sale.

http://www.familychristian.ca/flyers/saleroom10thanniversary.pdf

I will go down tmr after work (530pm departure) and I have limited space in the car for those who wish to come along for the sale. Perhaps even stopping in at IKEA if we have time. Reservations for the ride is first come first serve (and if you balk on your reservation I will penalize you).

2. Just a reminder that rides are available Sunday. Please contact me whether you need a ride or you can provide a ride and I'll work out the logistics.

3. Pray for Charles as he is being shipped Hamilton today to have a defibrillator implanted. He should be back later in the day

4. Grocery run - there has been some expressed interest in grocery runs once again. My preference would be Superstore from 9-10pm on wed. night. (like the good old days one might say). If you are interested, please drop me a note.

Blessings,
PT

1 comment: