Friday, October 12, 2012

Ingratitude Attitude I was going to title this entry after the Oscar nominated and winning film by Tarantino in 2009 but was overruled and edited out. Nevertheless I think readers can guess the gist of what I am talking about. I don't like the Thanksgiving season. It's not because i have to suffer eating all those Thanksgiving meals. It's not because it is my sister, brother in-law, and mother's birthday. It's not because I have to come up with another new twist on preaching a Thanksgiving sermon. It is because in preparing the sermon I realized what an ingratitude b@#!@#$ I have become. Every year it is the same deal. I realize that I have forgotten how to be grateful and deliberately expressive with my thanksgiving to those around me and most importantly to God. Certainly "giving thanks in all circumstances" is something that I am reminded of during this season and something that I have failed to do during the past year. In fact it seems to be a yearly pattern. Certainly as I preached on Luke 17 and the incident with Jesus and the 10 lepers, I realize that I am that 90% who don't return to Jesus to give thanks to the one who healed them. We ended our sermon with an opportunity for people to respond by writing some words of thanksgiving to one or more particular person on some thank you cards provided. I'm not sure there were enough cards for me to write to all those people whom I need to acknowledge this past Sunday so I will use my blog to simply say, "Thank you from the depths of my heart". Without many of you and your support, Simply Church would not be possible. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, labour, and sacrifice. Thank you for believing in me even when I have my doubts. Certainly I can give a detailed account of each person's contribution in my life's journey (and maybe at some time during my retirement years I may have time to recount all those experiences) and hopefully we will have all eternity for me to thank each one of you personally. Until then, I just will give one word of thanks to my wife. Thank you Chris. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment